Sunday, January 10, 2010

"Happy 101 Award"


WOW!  What an honor!  My friend Gini over at ~ Ginisology ~ awarded me with this wonderful "Happy 101 Award".  I am so excited, what a way to start of 2010. 

So, now my part of this:  List 10 things that make me happy.  So here they are:

1.  Being a Mom
2.  Watching the Sunrise or set with Ronnie out at the land.  Nothing is more relaxing
3.  Scrapbooking all my wonderful memories
4.  My sisters.. in small doses.  LOL
5.  Being an Aunt to 2 nephews and 4 nieces
6.  My friends in the Genealogy world... they are truly wonderful.
7.  Remembering my great-grandparents and all the fun I had with them.
8.  Photography, I get lost behind my lens
9.  Riding Horses, there is nothing more that makes me feel so powerful and so free.  Seeing the world whileriding is a whole new experience and every time I ride I see something new.
10.  Being able to make a friend smile when they are having a not so wonderful day...

I have learned that, "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away"  In this very busy world we live, we often times forget to take those moments and enjoy our time with family, friends and just being by ourself and reflecting on our life.  Each day, we need to remember those little things that our loved ones do for us that often go unnoticed.  When the day is done and the lights are dimmed and all is quiet it will be those little moments when we are alone that we will remember and mean the most.

With that said, now it is my honor to award the following Blogs with the "Happy 101 Award": (*NOTE:  it is not easy picking 10.  Everyone that I come in contact with gives me another piece of information I didn't know or an idea I didn't think of)

  1.  Creative Gene ~ the very first Genealogy blog that I read and why I started this whole journey....

  2.  Footnote Maven ~ by Footnote Maven
  3.  The Olive Tree Genealogy ~ by Lorine
  4.  Tennessee Memories ~ by Judith
  5.  Who Will Tell Their Story ~by Julie
  6.  Genealogy Traces ~ by Judith
  7.  Greta's Genealogy Blog ~ by Greta
  8.  CandaGenealogy ~ by MDR
  9.  Family Matters ~ by
10.  Little Bytes of Life ~ by Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. I've given you an award, Robin. Still love your blog. Go to http://tennesseememories.blogspot.com/2010/01/happy-101-award-for-tennessee-memories.html to pick it up.
    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much for your continued loyalty! I appreciate the award.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete